Present: Cllr. Fairfield (in the chair), Cllrs. Howell, Jamieson, Lock, Richardson. P. Rial (co-opted)
Apologies: Cllrs. Parker, Plant, Whitton.
1. Co-Option to Vacancy
• Resolved that Paul Rial is co-opted to the vacancy.
2. The minutes of the meeting held on 8th January 2018, having previously been circulated, were taken as read.
• Resolved: that the minutes are approved and signed.
3. Matters Arising from the Minutes
(a) Old Ellerby telephone kiosk: No further suggestions for its future use have been received. Agenda item 6, an offer to provide a defibrillator in memory of Dr. Sykes, was discussed. The parish council would be required to take over ownership and be responsible for installation, upkeep and maintenance. It was felt that the Railway Inn would be the most suitable location if permission is received. Clerk to enquire about the anticipated maintenance and running costs.
• Resolved that the offer of a defibrillator is accepted in principle, subject to the costs which will be incurred being reasonable.
(b) Grounds maintenance: Water leak, Old Ellerby. Yorkshire Water to be contacted again.
Burton Constable Estate has given permission for the section of the ditch on Lambwath Lane to be piped. Work will not be undertaken until the new financial year.
Ellerby Cottage: the number of vehicles on the property and parked on the road is increasing, as well as tyres and other scrap. The unauthorised access is still being used. ERYC to be contacted.
4. Highways and Grounds Maintenance
(a) Old Ellerby: following cable laying the road was left muddy. ERYC arranged for the contractor to clean the road.
(b) Whitedale: following a recent road accident on the bend the police have stated they will review the signage. Clerk to contact Mike Peeke.
5. Correspondence Received
(a) ERYC: Joint Local Forum; Withernwick tree planting fund.
(b) HART: request for funding. Agreed that £50 is donated.
• Resolved that in accordance with its powers under Sections 137/139 of the LGA 1972, the expenditure for a donation to the community transport service is incurred which, in the opinion of the Council, is in the interests of the inhabitants and will benefit them in a manner commensurate with the expenditure.
(c) Data Protection Regulation: new requirements effective from May 2018. The parish council does not hold any personal data other than councillors.
(d) Other correspondence: Zurich community insurance; Keep Britain Tidy campaign; Ethical standards in local government; Local homes for local people.
6. Payment of Accounts
N.E. Methodist Church 72.00 Room hire
HART 50.00 S137 donation
7. Date of Next Meeting
Monday 14th May 2018 in the Methodist Church schoolroom
Annual Parish Meeting at 7.00 p.m. Parish council meeting at 7.30 p.m.
Council Meeting of 5 March 2018