Present:  Cllr. Fairfield (in the chair), Cllrs. Howell, Jamieson, Lock, Richardson, Whitton.

Apologies for Absence: Cllrs. Parker, Plant.  


1. Election of Chairman

Resolved that Cllr. Fairfield is re-elected Chairman.

2. The minutes of the meeting held on 15th May, having previously been circulated, were taken as read.• Resolved: that the minutes are approved and signed.


3. Matters Arising from the Minutes

(a) Casual vacancy:  this can now be filled by co-option.  

(b) Highways: Ditch, Lambwath Lane.  Mike Peeke replied that the ditch may be owned by the landowner and potting up the ditch may have an impact as a ditch has a larger storage capacity.  If flooding is caused then he will refer the matter to the appropriate department.

Cllr. Howell showed an ERYC engineer the ditch.  He thought the ditch may be shared responsibility between landowner and ERYC.  Clerk to ask Mike Peeke if he can suggest an alternative solution.

No reply received concerning refreshing of white lines.  Clerk to ask again.

(c) Broadband: there will be a delay of several weeks in installing the cabinet in Old Ellerby, due to the need to relocate to avoid a gas main.


4. Planning Applications

(a) Plans passed:  17/00692, Mill Stables

    17/01406, 4 South View

    17/01517, Ashton Villa

(b) 17/01166, revised plan, pig unit.  More screening to be planted, amendment to road to allow more vehicle space.

.

5. Highways and Grounds Maintenance

(a) Clerk to ask ERYC if they will spread chippings in the potholes on the track to the railway car park.

(b) A hedge from church to Blue Bell, Old Ellerby, is encroaching on the footpath.  Cllr. Jamieson will speak to the owner.


6. Correspondence Received

(a) ERYC:  Cottingham Neighbourhood plan

   Adoption of Statement of Community Involvement

(b) Police: retirement of Inspector Coulthard.  Replacement will be Inspector Phil Hinch.

(c) Other correspondence: Healthwatch, Merchant Navy day, Flemingate events.


7. Payment of Accounts

 Garden and Tree Services  222.18  June cutting PRoW

Resolved that this account is paid.


16. Date of Next Meeting

Monday 4th September 2017 at 7.30 pm.

V 2.3

HOME SERVICES A-E NEWS HISTORY PLACES GALLERY NOTICES CONTACT US

Council Meeting of 3 Jul 2017