Present: Cllr. Plant, (in the chair), Cllrs. Blogg, Howell, Jamieson, Lock, Parker, Richardson,
Apologies for Absence: Cllrs. Fairfield, Whitton.
1. Open forum: The owner of Ellerby Cottage attended to explain that he is complying with ERYC's request that he removes a number of vehicles from the site. He is intending to apply for permission for an authorised access on Crab Tree Lane further away from the bend.
2. Election of Chairman
It was agreed that Cllr. Plant should take the chair for this meeting and that the election of a Chairman is postponed to the July meeting.
3. Election of Vice Chairman
4. Election of Committee Representatives
Joint Burial Committee Cllrs. Howell and Richardson
Public Rights of Way Cllr. Parker
Planning New Ellerby: Cllr. Richardson
Old Ellerby: Cllr. Jamieson
Wind Farm Fund Cllrs. Fairfield, Plant
5. The minutes of the meeting held on 6th March, having previously been circulated, were taken as read.
6. Matters Arising from the Minutes
(a) Ellerby Cottage: this is now in hand and the vehicles should be reduced by the end of June.
(b) Highways & Grounds Maintenance: Clerk to ask ERYC again about potting up the ditch opposite the Railway Inn.
7. Planning Applications
(a) Plan passed: 16/04254, extension, Conifer Lodge
(b) Appeal: 17/00017, agricultural occupancy condition.
(c) 17/00692, Mill Stables. Revised scheme. No observations.
(d) 17/01166, erection of pig building and access. Crab Tree Lane. Comments to be submitted, with a request that the application is referred to the full committee as views are strongly held:
Narrow road is unsuitable for access by large vehicles.
Slurry is to be disposed of on adjacent fields near residential areas; excessive smell.
Odour control proposals appear inadequate.
Danger of flooding and pollution if storage tank overfills.
Unacceptable visibility of unit in proposed location
8. Highways and Grounds Maintenance
(a) White lines: ERYC to be asked to refresh these at road junction give way points.
9. Renewal of Insurance
10. Correspondence Received
(a) ERYC: Withernwick Wind Farm tree planting fund: update
Parish Council liaison meetings
LPP scheme: confirmation of successful application.
Parish Transport Champion
Referral to Secretary of State for Health
(b) Radio 1 Big Weekend. Transport and ticket arrangements
(c) Estuary TV: request for contact for local news
(d) Police: new contact is Darren Bainton
(e) Broadband: update from Geoff Gregory
11. Approval of 2016-2017 Accounts
12. Approval of Annual Governance Statement
13. Approval of Annual Return
14. Payment of Accounts
ERYC 1357.78 Litter bins
Zurich 257.60 Insurance
JP Accounting Solutions 48.00 Audit
Yorkshire Water 4.59 Allotment water
Garden & Tree Services 222.18 Cutting footpaths
Cllr. Blogg gave his resignation as he is moving out of Ellerby.
16. Date of Next Meeting
Monday 3rd July. Annual parish meeting at 7.00 pm, followed by
Parish Council meeting at 7.30 p.m. in the Methodist Church schoolroom
Council Meeting of 15 May 2017