Present: Cllr. Fairfield (in the chair), Cllrs. Blogg, Howell, Jamieson, Lock, Plant, Whitton.
Apologies for Absence: Parker, Richardson.
1. The minutes of the meeting held on 9th January 2017, having previously been circulated, were taken as read.
• Resolved: that the minutes are approved and signed.
2. Matters Arising from the Minutes
(a) Ellerby Cottage: Andrew Nelsey of ERYC reported that he visited the site in February and it appears vehicles are being removed. A further complaint has been received from a parishioner. A low loader and other vehicles are still parked on the road, without lights at night. Clerk to contact the police, with a photograph. Nothing further heard about the use of the unauthorised access. Clerk to contact ERYC again.
(b) Litter bins: these have been installed. The parish council will pay ERYC when the invoice is received, then Cllr. Lock will submit the paperwork to the Wind Farm Fund.
(c) White lines: nothing further heard from ERYC. Clerk to contact Mike Peeke again.
3. Planning Applications
(a) Plan refused: 16/03893, removal of agricultural condition, Conifer Lodge
(b) 16/04254, extension at Conifer Lodge. No observations or comments.
4. Highways and Grounds Maintenance
(a) Taskforce survey: no scheduled work has yet commenced. Cllr. Blogg to submit this comment in the feedback survey.
(b) Public Rights of Way: Agreed that John Kershaw should continue to cut the footpaths. Next year ERYC will take over cutting, in May and July with a third cut in September. The parish council can pay for additional cuts if required.
(c) The ditch opposite the Railway Inn sometimes becomes flooded. The footpath is very narrow and immediately adjacent to the ditch, which is hazardous. ERYC will be asked to consider potting up the ditch.
5. Correspondence Received
(a) ERYC: Community transport strategy launch
Changes to planning application publicity
Local Plan newsletter
(b) Withernwick Wind Farm Fund: update
(c) HART: Request for funding. They will be asked how much the service is used in Ellerby.
• Resolved that a donation of £50 is given.
• Resolved that in accordance with its powers under Sections 137/139 of the LGA 1972, the expenditure for a donation to HART community transport service is incurred which, in the opinion of the Council, is in the interests of the inhabitants and will benefit them in a manner commensurate with the expenditure.
6. Payment of Accounts
HART 50.00 S137 donation
Mr. D. Blogg 65.00 Service allotment mower
7. Date of Next Meeting
Monday 15th May at 7.30 p.m. in the Methodist Church schoolroom.
Council Meeting of 6 March 2017