Present: Cllr. Fairfield (in the chair), Cllrs. Blogg, Howell, Jamieson, Lock, Parker, Plant, Richardson, Whitton.
1. Two parishioners attended to express their concerns at the apparent use of Ellerby Cottage as a scrap business. One had contacted Andrew Nelsey at ERYC.
2. The minutes of the meeting held on 7th November 2016, having previously been circulated, were taken as read.
• Resolved: that the minutes are approved and signed.
3. Matters Arising from the Minutes
(a) Ellerby Cottage:
• Resolved that in view of the concerns of the two parishioners, the clerk will contact Andrew Nelsey to find out when he will next be visiting the site. He will also be told that a low loader lorry is parked on the road without lights and be asked to find out the details of the operator's licence.
No reply received from ERYC regarding the unauthorised access
(b) Litter bins: the wind farm fund has approved the purchase of three bins; the parish council must pay £228 towards the cost. Cllr. Lock will complete and submit the forms. The clerk will order the bins.
(c) Grounds maintenance: ERYC has agreed to refresh white lines between Ellerby and Sproatley. Clerk to ask again about the lines at Langthorpe Road junction and near the Blue Bell.
(d) Cllr. Parker reported that John Kershaw does cut the PRoW identified in the taskforce schedule.
4. Precept 2017-2018
• Resolved that a precept of £1800 is requested.
5. Planning Applications
(a) Plans refused: 16/01694 and 01695, extension at Woodhall Farm
(b) 16/03893: removal of agricultural occupancy condition, Conifer Lodge.
• Resolved that the comments to be submitted are that the condition should remain as there is no reason for it to be removed. The house should remain linked to the business, as agreed when the property was built. This view is strongly held and referral to the full planning committee is requested.
6. Highways and Grounds Maintenance
(a) Taskforce survey: passed to Cllr. Blogg to complete.
7. Correspondence Received
(a) ERYC: LPP scheme review. ERYC intends to close the scheme from April 2018 and take over cutting works themselves. Parish councils will be able to fund additional work from the precept.
Open Space planning document; Overview and Scrutiny committee
(b) Broadband: Mr. Gregory provided an update on information from ERYC regarding superfast broadband provision for Old Ellerby.
(c) Withernwick Wind Farm update.
8. Payment of Accounts
Yorkshire Water £5.82 Allotments water
• Resolved that this account is approved for payment
9. Date of Next Meeting
Monday 6th March 2017 at 7.30 p.m. in the Methodist Church schoolroom
Council Meeting of 9 Jan 2017